Lifestyle

Those from Qld sites to quarantine in WA

Travellers to Western Australia who have been at Brisbane exposure sites after a local coronavirus case was recorded there must self-quarantine immediately.

WA Health Minister Roger Cook announced the targeted health direction on Friday, following news a 26-year-old in Queensland tested positive on Thursday. That man visited 11 different venues across Brisbane after he became infectious last Friday.

Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk has locked down hospitals, aged care facilities, prisons and disability services for the next three days to stop the virus spreading to vulnerable people.

Mr Cook said travellers from Queensland who had been in the exposure sites listed and who had entered WA since March 20 had to get tested immediately and self-quarantine for two weeks.

This would be followed by a second test on the 11th day of quarantine, he said.

Travellers coming from now on into WA will have to assure police at the airport that they haven’t been to any of the exposure locations, Mr Cook said.

“We expect this number to be very low, if any at all,” he said, but added the health measures could tighten if more positive cases are recorded in connection with the Brisbane case.

Queensland’s Chief Health Officer Jeannette Young said on Friday there was no doubt the man would have had contact with many people.

What's your reaction?

Excited
0
Happy
0
In Love
0
Not Sure
0
Silly
0

You may also like

More in:Lifestyle

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *