A baby rattle has been recalled over fears it could provide a choking hazard, after being on sale for seven years.
The ladybug-printed baby rattle has been sold nationwide by The Baby Spot since November 2013.
On Friday, Australia’s consumer watchdog deemed it a potential choking hazard due to its size and shape and issued a recall notice.
“The product does not comply with the size and shape requirements of the mandatory standard ‘Consumer Protection Notice No. 14 of 2003 – Consumer Product Safety Standard: Toys for children up to and including 36 months of age’,” the ACCC said in a statement.
“The product may pose a choking or suffocation hazard for young children, which can lead to severe injury or death.”
The wooden rattle has a ladybug design and is available in a range of colours.
It was pulled from shelves on October 22 and the recall notice has just now been issued.
Any parent who owns one should keep it from their child and contact The Baby Spot for a full refund.