HOW THE 2020 AFL NATIONAL DRAFT UNFOLDED:-
* Adelaide jumped on Jamarra Ugle-Hagan with their prized No.1 pick, knowing full well the Western Bulldogs would match the bid for the star key forward who has been compared to Lance Franklin.
* The most unpredictable draft in history didn’t take long to shock. After being linked to forward Elijah Hollands for some time, North Melbourne pounced on midfielder Will Phillips with pick No.3. Hollands slid to pick seven and is heading to Gold Coast.
* GWS have lost plenty of young talent in recent times and the gloomy reaction of their first selection, Tanner Bruhn, was mildly concerning. The midfielder looked incredibly flat when the Giants called out his name.
* The AFL’s first virtual draft dragged on, with the first-round taking more than two hours to be completed.
1. Western Bulldogs: Jamarra Ugle-Hagan (forward, Oakleigh Chargers)
2. Adelaide: Riley Thilthorpe (forward, West Adelaide)
3. North Melbourne: Will Phillips (midfielder, Oakleigh Chargers)
4. Sydney: Logan McDonald (forward, Perth)
5. Sydney: Braeden Campbell (midfield-forward, Sydney Academy)
6. Hawthorn: Denver Grainger-Barras (defender, Swan Districts)
7. Gold Coast: Elijah Hollands (midfield-forward, Murray Bushrangers)
8. Essendon: Nik Cox (defender, Northern Knights)
9. Essendon: Archie Perkins (midfield-forward, Sandringham Dragons)
10. Essendon: Zach Reid (defender, Gippsland Power)