Tertiary access payment explained |

This is information has been provided by the Australian Government.

The Tertiary Access Payment is for students from outer regional or remote Australia who are going straight to tertiary study after finishing year 12, or an equivalent level of study.

It’s a $5000 payment that you can use to help you move away from home to study.

You can apply from 1 January if you:

· are moving to study, and your family home is further than 90 minutes by public transport from your place of study.

· are under 22 on the day you start your course

· are enrolled in at least 1 year of full-time tertiary study directly following year 12 or equivalent, and

· your parents income is under the threshold.

The Tertiary Access Payment does not affect other student payments like Youth Allowance, ABSTUDY, and the Relocation Scholarship.

How much you can get

The Tertiary Access Payment is a payment of $5,000 paid in 2 instalments.

You must be studying at a Vocational Education and Training (VET) or higher education non-university provider to get the payment from us. If you’re going to study at a university, you need check with them if they’ll pay you. Read more about before you claim.

We’ll pay eligible non-university students an instalment of $3,000 during the first half of the year. To get the first instalment you need meet all eligibility criteria, including being enrolled in full time study.

We’ll pay a second instalment of $2,000 as long as you’re still enrolled in full time study. We’ll pay this in the second half of the year.

You need to be a current student at the time we check your enrolment. If you apply for this payment but aren’t a current student when we check your enrolment, we won’t pay you.

You can only get this payment once, and only in your first year of study. This payment is not taxable.

What's your reaction?

In Love
Not Sure

You may also like

More in:Lifestyle

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *