While Christmas and the holiday season mean many things to many people, there is one thing that arguably unites everybody – food. And as the festivities begin to set in, we’re all looking for fun desserts to help us celebrate at this time of year.
Often, however, the desire to whip up the perfect holiday dessert can seem more stressful than it has to be. But thanks to Monty Bojangles, this year you can create the most delicious, luxe Truffle Crème Pâtissière in just ten minutes with no hassle at all.
Available at Woolworths for just $15 for 150 grams, the hero ingredient – Monty Bojangles chocolate truffles will elevate to this recipe to new chocolatey heights. It’s time to impress your friends and family, with a dessert that is sure to leave them in chocolate heaven.
Recipe courtesy of Monty Bojangles
Serves 4 | Preparation: 10 minutes | Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 4 egg yolks
- 100g caster sugar
- 25g plain flour, sifted
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds only
- 350ml milk
- 100g Monty Bojangles Choccy Scoffy Cocoa Dusted truffles, chopped
- Pre-cooked sweet tart cases and berries to serve
- In a large bowl, mix the egg whites with the sugar until light and fluffy, then stir in the flour.
- Heat the milk, truffles and vanilla pod seeds together in a pan until just boiling. Ensure all the truffles are completely melted and pour over the egg mixture, whisking continuously as you do so.
- Return the custard mixture to the pan and stir continuously over medium heat until just boiling. Continue to stir over the medium heat until thickened.
- Remove from the heat, pour into a large bowl, and cover with cling film. Place in the fridge to cool for one to two hours.
- Spoon into pre-cooked sweet tart cases and top with berries for the perfect pudding.
7NEWS.com.au has not received any monetary benefit from this content.