LATEST COVID-19 DEVELOPMENTS:
* Genomic testing has identified that a Sydney security guard who’s tested positive to COVID-19 has the same highly-contagious UK virus strain as a returned traveller who stayed at a hotel where he worked.
* Authorities say there has not been a clear breach of infection protocols, and how the guard caught COVID-19 remains unclear.
* The 47-year-old male guard was the sole local COVID-19 case recorded in NSW in the 24 hours to 8pm on Sunday.
* A Queensland COVID-19 cluster of three cases – two hotel quarantine guests and a doctor – is linked to a Brisbane hotel where an outbreak earlier this year led to the entire city being locked down.
* West Australian authorities are discussing the discovery of the new COVID-19 cases in Queensland and NSW, but have not yet reimposed a hard border.
* Australian authorities have dismissed concerns about the AstraZeneca vaccine as more European nations suspend their use of the drug, saying Australia has strong protocols around the reporting of adverse drug reactions.
* More than 164,000 people have now been vaccinated in Australia, including about 40,000 aged care residents across 437 facilities.
* The Gunner government in the Northern Territory has reportedly failed to place an order for about 1500 doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine, which was expected to arrive in the NT last week.
* Victoria’s Holiday Inn outbreak is officially over, with its final COVID-19 case cleared by health officials.
* Deputy Prime Minister Michael McCormack says Australia is working with Singapore to open up an international travel bubble and believes other countries will open as the COVID-19 vaccine rolls out.
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Australia recorded one new locally acquired case of the coronavirus on Monday, a NSW security guard whose infection was flagged on Sunday. There were 13 new overseas-acquired cases in hotel quarantine; six in Queensland, three in NSW, three in SA and one in WA.
* The national death toll is 909: Victoria 820, NSW 56, Tasmania 13, WA 9, Queensland 6, SA 4, ACT 3 (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 119,874,000
* Deaths: at least 2,653,000
* Recovered: at least 67,895,000
Data current as of 1730 AEDT on March 15, taking in federal and state/territory government updates and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre figures.