LATEST COVID-19 DEVELOPMENTS IN AUSTRALIA:
* Australia has extended a ban on cruise ships by three months to mid-March 2021, while limitations on outbound international air travel will also be extended.
* Western Australia has opened to NSW and Victorian residents for the first time in almost nine months. Five flights were scheduled to arrive in Perth on Tuesday from Sydney and Melbourne.
* The Victorian government on Tuesday said it reopened its hotel quarantine program on Monday without incident, and recorded its 39th consecutive day without a COVID-19 case.
* NSW reported its fourth consecutive day of zero locally-acquired COVID-19 cases after a hotel quarantine cleaner last week came down with the virus. Six virus cases were on Tuesday reported in NSW hotel quarantine.
* South Australia resumed its hotel quarantine program on Tuesday after halting international arrivals last month due to a COVID-19 outbreak in the Adelaide suburb of Parafield.
* SA will from December 14 permit home gatherings of up to 50 people, while the size of funerals and weddings can increase to 200 and entertainment venues can operate at 75 per cent capacity. The state on Tuesday reported no new cases of COVID-19 for the 10th straight day.
* Queensland recorded six new cases of COVID-19, all in hotel quarantine. The state will from Saturday open to all SA residents.
* The Northern Territory recorded two COVID-19 cases in hotel quarantine, both of which are children.
* Some 39,000 Australians stuck overseas due to the pandemic are seeking to return home – up from 26,200 in mid-September.
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* There were 14 new COVID-19 cases recorded in Australia on Tuesday: six in NSW, six in Queensland and two in NT. All are in hotel quarantine.
* The national death toll is 908: Victoria 820, NSW 55, Tasmania 13, WA 9, Queensland 6, SA 4, ACT 3. (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 67,940,000
* Deaths: at least 1,550,000
* Recovered: at least 47,025,000
Data current as of 1800 AEDT December 8, taking in federal and state/territory government updates and Worldometer.