LATEST COVID-19 DEVELOPMENTS IN AUSTRALIA:
* Some 39,000 Australians stuck overseas due to the COVID-19 pandemic are seeking to return home – up from 26,200 in mid-September.
* Victoria has revamped and recommenced its hotel quarantine program after errors in the program sparked in June the state’s coronavirus second wave.
* South Australia will resume its hotel quarantine program on Tuesday after halting international arrivals last month due to a COVID-19 outbreak in the Adelaide suburb of Parafield. Those who test positive to the virus will be placed on two dedicated floors in Adelaide’s Pullman Hotel.
* No new cases of COVID-19 were recorded in SA for the ninth straight day.
* Western Australia confirmed it would reopen as planned to travellers from NSW and Victoria from Tuesday, classifying the states as “very low risk”. WA recorded no cases of COVID-19 on Monday.
* SA travellers to WA will from Friday no longer require an exemption to enter the state, but will still need to quarantine for 14 days.
* Queensland will reopen to all of SA from December 12.
* Queensland recorded zero local COVID-19 cases and three cases in returned travellers in hotel quarantine.
* NSW recorded zero local COVID-19 cases and four cases in hotel quarantine, the third consecutive day without a locally acquired case since a Sydney hotel quarantine cleaner was diagnosed with the virus.
* Two German travellers who managed to avoid quarantine after landing in Sydney and flying to Melbourne tested negative on Sunday to COVID-19. NSW police admitted it was their mistake that allowed the pair to board the flight.
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* There were seven new cases recorded in Australia on Monday: four in NSW and three in Queensland. All are in hotel quarantine.
* The national death toll is 908: Victoria 820, NSW 55, Tasmania 13, WA 9, Queensland 6, SA 4, ACT 3. (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS
* Cases: at least 67,402,000
* Deaths: at least 1,541,000
* Recovered: at least 46,589,000
Data current as of 1815 AEDT December 7, taking in federal and state/territory government updates and Worldometer.