How to claim COVID test payment

The following information has been provided by State Government health departments.

If you can’t earn an income because you must self-isolate or quarantine at home, or you are caring for someone with COVID-19 you may be eligible for a payment.

To be eligible for the payment you must be directed to self-isolate or quarantine by your health department.


Am I eligible for the $450 Coronavirus (COVID-19) Test Isolation Payment?

To be eligible for the $450 Coronavirus (COVID-19) Test Isolation Payment, you must:

Tap here to apply.

What evidence or documentation do I need to provide?

To receive a payment, you must have had a coronavirus (COVID-19) test on or after 23 July 2020 and provide:

  • proof of identity (e.g. Victorian driver’s licence, Victorian Seniors Card, Victorian Proof of Age Card or passport)
  • a copy of your Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) documentation (in PNG, JPG or PDF format) if you are visa holder with work rights
  • evidence you are employed (e.g. payslip, letter of employment or letter of offer) or self-employed (e.g. a valid Australian Business Number).

To receive a payment, you must agree to follow Department of Health and Human Services self-isolation guidelines while waiting for your coronavirus (COVID-19) test results.

You will have to repay the money if you do not self-isolate while waiting for your results. You will have to repay the money if you provide false or misleading information in your claim.

Can someone claim the payment on my behalf?

No, only individual applicants may apply. Applications will not be accepted through a third party. If you are 17, you will need to provide consent from a parent or guardian, unless you live independently.

How long will it take to receive the payment?

Payments will be made within five business days to eligible applicants.

Can I get multiple payments if I require multiple tests?

You can only receive one $450 Coronavirus (COVID-19) Test Isolation Payment in a 30-day period unless the Department of Health and Human Services directs you to have a test.

Does my employer have to give me permission to take time off work to self-isolate?

Workers should not go to work if they are unwell and employers should ensure that any worker with symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) gets tested and stays at home.

Employers must support their employees to self-isolate if they are unwell or have been tested for coronavirus (COVID-19). This protects other employees and helps prevent community outbreaks.

Employers can contact Business Victoria for advice and possible staffing support, or referrals to the Working for Victoria employment scheme.

I’ve tested positive to coronavirus (COVID-19), what other support is available to me?

Victorian workers, including parents and guardians, who are required to self-isolate following a positive coronavirus (COVID-19) test can claim the Australian Government’s $1500 Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment for Victoria.

Can I receive both the $450 Coronavirus (COVID-19) Test Isolation Payment and the $1500 Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment?

Yes, you can receive both payments if you are instructed by the Department of Health and Human Services to self-isolate or quarantine at home because you have been diagnosed with coronavirus (COVID-19) or are a close contact of a confirmed case, and you meet the eligibility requirements for both payments.

What's your reaction?

In Love
Not Sure

You may also like

More in:Finance

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *