Five children have been orphaned when both of their parents died from drinking hand sanitiser at a party.
The gathering took place in Russia, according to reports surfacing last week.
A total of nine people died, two of which were the parents of the five children, The Sun reports.
Their father died first from alcohol poisoning and their mother survived for ten days.
However, the damage done to her internal organs was irreversible and she died.
The parents’ identities and the ages of the children has not been released.
Local media is reporting that nine people began drinking antiseptic wash when they ran out of alcohol.
The hand sanitiser is 69 per cent methanol and can cause severe kidney damage when ingested.
“The poisoning took place as a result of drinking sanitiser,” the regional state prosecutor said.
Authorities in Russia are again pleading with locals to refrain from drinking the hand sanitiser.